Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Mojo 251

So, as promised...not too many days between posts and projects. 

This morning when I went to rinse my face in the fresh dew I'd collected (lol, it's like 103 outside, bear with me as I pretend I'm in my cool forest dwelling...), a pretty little watch was sitting out.  I don't wear watches (this is the forest after all, who's going to care?), but I've never been able to get rid of this one:
The colors are so pretty to me, and very lush in person - pinks, deep greens, a spot of red or two, and that lovely old copper surrounding it all. 

Yes, that had a purpose...when I went to the Mojo Monday website to see the card layout for the week, I thought of my watch. 

I picked up the pretty Raspberry Ripple and Gumball Green papers, a bit of scrap from yesterday's baby card, some Gumball Green ribbon (126848), Fabulous Florets Stamp Set (123027), the Vintage Wallpaper Texture Folder (120175), my large circle Nestabilities set, and a bit of very soft sandpaper.

I've never used sandpaper on my cards before, unless I was trying to smooth edges when attaching paper to coasters or such. But I really wanted the Vintage Wallpaper to stand out a bit, as it's the same Raspberry color as the background paper.  So, I gently rubbed the sandpaper along the raised bits of 'wallpaper' and voila! the slight difference in the colors stood out exactly like I wanted (you should see it in person!).
And, again...don't forget the inside...the 'floral' outline stamp from the set, along with the leaf outline, make a lovely addition stamped along one side (make sure you have enough room to write!).

I never would have thought of the card without the help of the Mojo Ladies...thank you to all of you wherever you are for creative designs.  I think this is one of my favorite so far.

I think someone, somewhere, should start a Handwritten, Handcrafted Card swap...a little note to say hello, a handmade card just for that person...who doesn't like to get mail?


1 comment:

  1. I love the rich vibrant colors of your card. Beautiful and the quote one of my favorites.
    http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete