Monday, August 16, 2010

Birthday Circles

We have a birthday in the family tomorrow, and I've promised to use my stamps more, so everyone gets a handmade birthday card this year...or at least, that's the goal...

I hope you like this one.  I tried to coordinate with the wrapping paper I used for the gift - strangely the paper matched my Stampin' Up! colors perfectly - it has a Certainly Celery background with Daffodil Delight and Tempting Turquoise dots.  You have to love when things come together.  I would not have picked those colors, but I think they actually turned out quite pretty together. 

I used my Top Note Big Shot die, along with a hole punch for the little circles.  I cut a Top Note out of white and Tempting Turquoise cardstock, and half of one out of Certainly Celery.  I decorated the top half of the white with some birthday stamps (...from one of the free 2010 Sale-A-Bration sets) and the turquoise paper with some circles from the Circle Circus set (115778, $28.95).  I stuck them together with some Jumbo Eyelets (108432, $9.95, 60 pieces), and tied some pretty Certainly Celery ribbon on it (also from a free set of ribbon...).  I punched a bunch of circles with my hole punch in turquoise and daffodil to line the separation of white and Certainly Celery papers.
As a finishing touch, I punched out some little labels from the Tiny Tags set (118592, $16.95, Clear stamps) which read '4 You' and 'hand crafted', and attached them to the Certainly Celery ribbon with some pretty 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon in Daffodil Delight (120928, $4.95).   You can also see in the background that I decorated the envelope with some of the circles from Circle Circus in the three ink colors, and added a bit of sticky glitter to the candles on the cake to finish it off. 

I hope she enjoys the card!

1 comment:

  1. Love the idea of a double tag, so there's room to write inside ... wonderful too that it coordinates with your gift wrap.

    ReplyDelete