Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Just a little note...

So, Werner refused pictures today, his haircut was not pleasing.  I'm thinking it's all the dried glue in his hair myself, but it could be the uneven cut...
So, in lieu of Werner and his new 'do, I've made a card!  Because I have a swap I'm working on and was forced into my craft room... :)

I used Stampin' Up! supplies for this - Peach Parfait, Early Espresso, and Crumb Cake are the colors; the ribbon is Pumpkin Pie; the brads are the Metallic 'Antique Brass'; the stamp set is 'Apple Blossoms', a level two hostess set.  This was an easy card to make, but is really cute in person. 

Using Whisper White paper, I stamped images from the set randomly across the paper - you know that technique you learned when you first started stamping, where you could make 10 different cards all from one stamped page?  This is that technique - stamp the images randomly and in different colors/shades across the white paper.  The new 'background' paper can then be used on a number of cards as a background for anything you want.  I'd show you here, but again, this was for a swap, so I used it to make a number of the same card! 

On the Peach Parfait area of the card, I just used the flower image from the set and stamped it randomly in the same color, Peach Parfait. 
You get the idea...and don't forget to stamp inside the card for a little something extra!


No comments:

Post a Comment