Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Bliss

I'll admit it's been awhile...I believe I skipped the whole Christmas card post this year.  Oddly enough, I did make Christmas cards, about 20 of them...all sparkly and Christmasy...and they were cute (I used a design from another stamper and put my own touches on it.  I'm sorry y'all missed it, if I had any left, I'd certainly post some...who knows :)

On to today - Using scraps, I've made a card.  Everyone has scraps - pieces of textured paper left over from the day you played with your Sizzix, bits of ribbon lying about calling out to you, a small piece of patterned paper sitting in to corner of the drawer....see how lovely they can be all layered together?

I couldn't really see stamping on the textured partial-circle, so I used my Stampin' Up! Butterflies Sizzix die cut - the one with that embosses and cuts - love it!  I added a bit of very thin silver wire which I wrapped around a needle a few times to give it a soft curl, folded it in a 'V' shape and slipped it up the butterfly middle.  At the top, I twisted it carefully so it wouldn't fall off the butterfly, then spread it out a bit to make antennae.  Using an ink pen lying nearby, I curled the wing tips just a bit to give it some motion, then used fluffy double sided tape to give some dimension. 

This was a card for my mom, who had surgery yesterday and now has a bionic knee!  OK, maybe not bionic, but that's how I'll think of her now...the bionic mom (sort of like Lindsey Wagner in the 80's, but with kids).  So this 'Bliss' card is for her - to cheer her up while she's recuperating and remind her that her new bionic knee will be 'blissful' to walk on...in a few weeks, when it's healed...and if she does her exercises! 

FYI - the stamp set used for the design on the envelope and the 'Bliss' stamp inside is the brand-spanking new 'BLISS' set from Stampin' Up! - part of the current 'Sale-A-Bration' celebration.  If you order $50 worth of items from Stampin' Up!,  you can get the set free!  Yes, FREE!  And it's really a great set...I can't wait to do more with it...

1 comment: