Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Anniversaries Continued

OK, today is the last Anniversary for a few months...below is the card I made.  You can see the detail on the Designer Series Paper (DSP) in the second picture.  It's a nice 'soft' design perfect for a wedding or anniversary card background.  I'm sure you have some sitting around in a 'bits & pieces' pile - this is the time to use it.  I just love the bird punch that Stampin' Up! has, it's so cute and good for many projects.  I used some of the Elegant Eggplant cardstock and ink to make the birds stand out a bit, along with the wording...no black here!

I'm trying to use up some of my older DSP before I buy a bunch of new packages.  The paper I used is from the previous catalogue, as is the lilac colored plain cardstock; all supplies are Stampin' Up!  It's funny, I have no actual 'Anniversary' stamps to make cards with, so I've had to be creative with some of the word stamps I have.  Just goes to show you don't have to have the perfect saying with your stamps.  Use something reminiscent of the situation then add a nice handwritten note inside. 

People don't really send many cards anymore...I think they should have a 'Handwritten Note Holiday' on the calendar somewhere, so people can get back to personalizing things.  What do you think?  Don't you love to get mail and handwritten letters?

No comments:

Post a Comment