Thursday, July 29, 2010

Mojo Monday on Thursday

Ok, it took a few days to find my mojo...my stampin' mojo ;) 

I love the Mojo Monday blogspot (mojomonday.blogspot.com).  It really helps when you are in a pickle about making a new card.  Once a week a new card design is posted and people from all over the globe post their samples.  There are some very creative people out there.  You should take a look if you're ever stuck for a new design or need a creative kick in the pants. 

I decided to use Halloween as my theme.  Everyone knows that you should start holiday cards a few months in advance (...something I rarely do...I try every year though, see my comments below...).  The theory goes that in this way you can finish them all before the holiday and send them out to everyone you know.  However, if you're anything like me, you'll have enough time to play with your holiday card supplies until just before the holiday then frantically make up a bunch to send out two days before!

I used some of last year's Halloween DSP (you have to use those scraps sometime!).  If you're anything like me, you have hoards of paper you don't want to let go or use because you'll run out of it.  Logically, you understand that you bought it to use, but still, it's so pretty, you don't want to run out.  Well...I made myself a vow to use the old (very difficult...) before I buy the pretty new DSP's that Stampin' Up! has in the new catalogue.  It's hard to part with, but I did it!  As you can see in this card and a few of the other cards I posted.  Baby steps...

The set is from the current catalogue (House of Haunts, 111574, $22.95).  Nice and spooky!  I used some of the little sponge daubers to make the moon with the new Daffodil Delight ink.  I didn't have a circle template for the moon, so I used my small circle punch on a piece of scrap and made my own template.  The card itself is gray textured cardstock (...I know, you can't see the texture, which is why I'm sharing that with you...), and I used a stamp I had of bats to add an extra touch to the inside of the card and the envelope.  Don't forget to decorate your envelopes - it gives people a sneak peek of what's inside.

Hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment