Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A Bit of Amour


I've had this set for years and never used it, along with the pretty DSP.  I set myself a goal to make at least one card with it or give it away to a friend.  And honestly, I love the set...even though I haven't used it, I would hate to  get rid of it.

The set is Artistic Etchings (120573). 
This set would be lovely with the Fan Fair Product Suite in the new Catalogue, perfect with all those travel sets...and just in time for your summer travel! 
I used a few odds and ends lying around the craft room...Antique Brads (117273), the tiny clips from a previous catalogue, and some scrap silk ribbon I've been hoarding.

The ribbon is from Cam Creations, they have beautiful silk ribbon in a rainbow of colors, many hand dyed.  The red ribbon is Candy Apple in 13mm - an almost perfect match for the Stampin' Up! Cherry Cobbler paper.  And of course, you need something that looks extravagant with this set, and silky, sensuous red ribbon is perfect.  Silk ribbon frays easily and and can give that 'lost treasure' look quickly.  On the flip side, silk ribbon can also be turned into gorgeous, lush bows.  If you're going for the bow, get the larger 32mm size...perfect.

Set yourself a goal today - pull out that set you love but have never used and challenge yourself to make something with it - now. 

1 comment:

  1. You has a great blog. I'm very interesting to stopping here and leaves you a comment. Good work.

    Lets keep writing and blogging

    Nb: Dont forget to leave your comment back for us.

    ReplyDelete